Industrial undercoating performed in dry and controlled conditions plays its own part in protecting the cladding from precipitation and sunlight already during the machining process. Treatment speeds up the painting task, as the final coat of surface paint may be applied immediately after installation.
Undercoating is a treatment stage where a single coat of primer with a single coat of surface paint is applied to the three visible surfaces of ready timber in accordance with the instructions issued by the paint supplier.
The benefits of industrial priming:
- cost-effectiveness, on-site construction is speeded up
- ensures an even end result, as the humidity of the timber and coating conditions are constant
- creates a good adhesive surface for surface paint, which means that surface treatment better endures external strain
- protects wood from dampness and sunlight prior to actual surface painting
- speeds up painting work if the intention is to paint the surface immediately after installation
- gives the builder more time, if the intention is to apply surface paint at a later date
All exterior cladding profiles are available primed, undercoated and surface painted. The product information page shows the standard shades of primer in addition to e.g. profile images, dimensions, photographs and technical data.
Open the Teknos instructions for further treatment of primed and undercoated exterior cladding boards (in Finnish)